Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday minutiae...

Heroes: The show I didn't think I'd get hooked on, but I did. I'm all geeked out about it. I even read the graphic novel episodes in between the TV episodes.

Superfoods: I tried to hit all 10 this weekend, but only managed about five. I bought some Clementines with the intention of eating them yesterday, but decided that eating dark chocolate for a snack made me happier.

Surfing: Skirt's MySpace page is growing and growing. All the cool kids are on MySpace now. Be our friend here.

Reading: An advance copy of a memoir called Sister Salty, Sister Sweet . I'm going to send it to my sister Katie as soon as I'm done so she can exhale and stop waiting for me to reveal all of our childhood secrets in memoir form. On my wait list: What is the What, Dave Eggers; Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name, Vendela Vida (coincidentally, she's married to Eggers); and Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Marisha Pessl (I've been putting this one off for a long time, but after listening to Pessl on KCRW's Bookworm podcast this weekend, I might have to bump it up on the list).

Listening: Starbucks Compilation "Crush on You" CD, which has one of my favorite Pink Martini songs AND Jeff Buckley. And Madeleine Peyroux, who will be in Charleston in March performing at the Music Hall.

1 comment:

  1. best quote i heard about Pessl's book was that the person put off reading b/c s/he didn't want to kick self for not reading it first, or worse: didn't want to kick self for not being ABLE to write it.

    I agree wholeheartedly - the book's website is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...