Thursday, April 26, 2007

My inner teenager can beat up your inner teenager...

As if I needed more proof that my taste in movies (and television) is probably closer to a 16-year-old than a woman in her 30s: I haven't been able to find a single person to see the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters with me. There is a part of me that knows I should be watching something more age-appropriate on PBS or BBC instead of Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, but I just don't find Charlie Rose as entertaining as Family Guy (seriously, if you can watch this without laughing, I don't want to know you). I have a 16-year-old brain in my 30-something-year-old body, which also explains my frequent use of: "WhatEVER!"

I would argue that you have to be a grownup to appreciate the subtle humor in ATHF or Family Guy. Like this spoof of a song from Little Shop of Horrors, another favorite FG clip. Unfortunately, explaining something like Aqua Teen to others loses something in translation ("so, the little one is a hamburger? A wad of meat? And the french fry guy can fly? And they fight crime?"). I usually just tell them to watch "Hand Banana" or "Meatwad's Birthday."

My inner teenager also thinks farts are funny, completely ignores anyone she has a crush on, refuses to make her bed every day, and uses eyeliner with sparkles.

6 comments:

  1. I love ATHF, but it's true...it's hard to convert others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offense, but it's ATHF. A FG movie? Oh yeah, I'd have been at the theater already! Futurama? I'd totally rent it. ATHF? No.

    And how's this one -- one of my favorites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M92f69aLCf0

    Also, did you catch Southpark this week?
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/485617/cartman_fights_a_midget/

    Okay, one more. There is something seriously wrong with me enjoying this as a mom (and considering teaching my son some of the lines):
    http://www.funnyordie.com/v1/landing.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. am. shocked.

    "My inner teenager also thinks farts are funny..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that Green Dragon is having a sale on graphic novels and stuff right now.

    I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vastectomy song clip! And that Will Ferrell one made me want to have a kid just so I can make films like that.

    Shocking, yes, but my inner teenager thinks farts are funny.

    A sale at Green Dragon? Ida - did you hear that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hark! What is that I hear?

    I'll be out of pocket this week, but I think we have a D&D + noodle bowl date in the near future! By the way, how'd your Green Dragon love candle work out?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...