Monday, September 03, 2012

Link love for fall fever

Here in Austin, early mornings are cool and breezy. We're not finished with 100-degree days, but the heat of the summer is mostly just afternoons. I've been getting up extra early to take Lulu for walks and mornings are just starting to feel like fall. Growing up in the south suffering through summers, September is always when we can breathe again. I get "fall fever" like some people get spring fever. I have more energy, sleep less, get outdoors more. There are so many things I love about this time of year:


Back to school shopping and what a new box of crayons smells like.

Pumpkin lattes. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin seeds. All things pumpkin. My friend Charlie has an annual pumpkin carving party and contest just before Halloween. Last year's entries. I hate putting my hands into the squidgy pumpkin guts, but love eating roasted pumpkin seeds.

My birthday is in November and I love my birthday. Last year, I marked the occasion with a new tattoo. I think I'm going back again this year.

Cooler weather means sweaters. And layers. And over-the-knee socks. And lovely scarves. Since I'm still trying to lose the lbs. I gained last holiday season, I am all about dressing in cozy layers.

More: My favorite slouchy sweater. My favorite tall boots. My old/new Doc Martens. Cozy blankets. The farmer's market is fall amazing. I'm not the only one falling; this Tumblr is all fall, all the time. A Facebook page for fall lovers. ACL Fest (2012 lineup is amazing, Rufus Wainwright and the Civil Wars at the top, more on that later). I could go on. And on. But I spent this holiday weekend cleaning and cleaning and now I'm going to sit on the back deck with a latte and my Kindle (almost finished with Chelsea Cain's second book, Sweetheart). I hope it feels like fall where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...