Friday, April 01, 2005

Can she...
Karaoke? Hell yeah, with the best of them (the best of them being three cutey-cute lesbians singing "Baby Hit Me One More Time"). Yes, she sang "Love Shack" at the top of her lungs with a guy named Brent from Chapel Hill. She was momentarily possessed by Kate Pearson and about five vodka tonics.

Seriously, this guy outside while I was waiting for a cab told me I was "the best singer ever," so now I'm thinking about going pro. Al, you missed it. I had my moment in the spotlight, my 15 minutes of fame.

All I have to say is: I can kick anyone's ass in karaoke, any day of the week. Just try me. Challenge me with "Last Dance." I'll put Donna Summer to shame.

8 comments:

  1. I'm really not sure I want to hear KS sing, and I am PISSED OFF that I missed your song.

    Why didn't you sing during the two hours I was there? And why do you get to play hooky from work today?

    I GOT UP AND RAN THIS MORNING!

    Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Between your challenge and receiving my copy of Chas Mag this morning...I'm coming back for a visit in May. It's on like Donkey Kong then Ms. Love. And it'll be your "..last chance for love.." Yeah, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KS - NO MORE blog challenges! No me gusta. You will just have to track my karaoke-superstar ass on some stage, in some bar, in some part of this city if you want to go head to head with this chica.

    AL: 1) I wasn't drunk enough yet, 2) you wouldn't rock the mike with me, and 3) I hadn't made enough friends to find someone to bribe the karaoke-master to put our slip ahead of everyone else's. And I'm not playing hooky...I was in the office by 11!

    Viv: Bring it. I'm practicing my Pat Benetar "Promises in the Dark." (It's the LOUDER one who wins, right?) I might even have to whip out "Never Been to Me", including arm choreography and facial expressions that I learned from a real live drag queen. Top THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair enought, K...no challenge. Just a showdown on the stage.

    We try and make the Island Grill on James Island each Thursday night. I will unleash a stirring rendition of REO's "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" to counter your Benatar..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it just me, or did the color of your blog CHANGE?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who are youy and what did you do with KLo? Karaoke?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...