Friday list: working from home...
In honor of Al, who recently began freelancing full time. I did it from 1999 to 2001, but am lucky enough to currently have a boss who understands why I am sometimes more productive working from home (particularly when a lot of writing is involved).
Top 10 Reasons it's Great to Work From Home
1. One word: Silence.
2. I write better in my underwear.
3. The only phone that rings is my cell.
4. I control the thermostat.
5. My home office is in my sunroom and the morning light is gorgeous.
6. Kitty breaks. She lets me know every 30 minutes or so it's time for her to watch me play with her fuzzy mice.
7. No shower, no makeup.
8. I can talk to myself without other people saying, "What??"
9. Listening to any CD, even Portishead, without anyone telling me my music is depressing. And singing along as loud as I want to.
10. Spontaneous 20-minute naps.