Saturday, June 04, 2005

My Slumbering Heart...
I went here Friday night to see one of my favorite bands in the whole world, Rilo Kiley. Despite it being an all-ages show and that I fell somewhere in between the high school students and their moms who picked them up after the last song, I had a good time. And they put on a hell of a show. I had forgotten how much I love to see live bands. It makes me feel like I woke up happy when I didn't even know I was sleeping.

Here's some Rilo for that boy I used to know and dream about sometimes...
And I've become just like a chemical stress
Tracing the lines of my face for
Something more beautiful than is there
I've barely been gone
and I'm not a failure
I swear
I wish you could see it from over there
I've got a lot over here without you
I've barely been gone
gone
dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...