Sunday, August 14, 2005

Hablad más lentamente, por favor...
Because I don't pay attention to the order of my Netflix queue, I spent the weekend in my very own Spanish for Beginners Home Immersion program, which basically involved me watching three movies with subtitles, one after another. Since two of them were Almodovar films (Bad Education and The Flower of my Secret) and the third was The Motorcycle Diaries, I don't think it's going to help so much with travel phrases. Unless I have a burning need to express disgust, angst, or emptiness while in a foreign country. Or cursing. I learned six new curse words in Spanish just from one of the Almodovar films.

So if you ever need someone to accompany you to Barcelona who can speak fluently about child abuse, victimization of transvestites, or emotional cruelty while cursing effortlessly in Spanish, I'm your girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...