Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Proof that you can be creative no matter what your day job is...
Sometimes I feel like disconnecting the Internet. There's nothing new, nothing original, nothing interesting. It bores the bejeesus out of me.

And then I stumble across this. The guy draws cartoons on the backs of business cards. He is one funny motherf*cker.

I'm lucky (and persistent and talented) enough to get paid for being creative and I often finish the day with my soul intact. But I've had jobs that made me feel like my soul was being sucked from my body through a cocktail straw. I could have used a few of Hugh's "How to be Creative" tips back then.

If you're one of the hollow masses staring into the abyss of your future, wondering how you ended up working for The Man and cursing your need to feed and shelter yourself, chin up. Judging from the sheer number of former disgruntled worker-turned-free-agents, ennui breeds creative genius.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I was working on a post about 52 Projects just yesterday! Such an amazing book and website.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...