Guess who rode her new bicycle to work today?
That would be ME. And if you know me, you should be proud because I am (1) extraordinarily lazy and (2) not up for morning activity EVER. But there I was, cruising on down the street, doing the beauty queen wave (wrist wrist hand, wrist wrist hand...) to the sanitation workers as I passed the garbage truck, pedaling like a pro on the street next to cars that were moving. This is a big step for me. Also:
* My bike basket is the perfect size for my work bag and a bottle of water.
* I can't smoke and ride the bike at the same time.
* It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.
* No one honked their horn at me.
* It didn't take as long as I thought it would.
* I didn't get run over.
* I need a rearview mirror. And streamers for the handlebars.
* A little exercise in the morning didn't kill me after all. I'm actually in a better mood than usual.