You are what you love, not what loves you back...
I've been listening to my new Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins CD (thanks, Michael!) nonstop for about a week now. "You Are What You Love" is my favorite (she's an amazing songwriter: "This is no great illusion/When I'm with you I'm looking for a ghost/Or invisible reasons/To fall out of love and run screaming from our home...").
Besides Rabbit Fur Coat, here's my What I Love That Doesn't Love Me Back list for today:
*Deborah Harry (I get to go see Blondie in June...thanks, MK!) won't give me the time of day.
* Laurie Notaro makes me laugh until I cry, but she doesn't even know I'm alive.
* My LPs don't snuggle with me on the couch, so I think they're destined for Accessory Land.
* Two words from my lips that can make any of my friends run from the room screaming: Seth McFarlane.
* Heavy strings, tuned low and played hard, always remind me that I never had a chance to meet Stevie Ray Vaughn (because if I had, he would have loved me...as soon as I was legal).
* I have so much literary love for this journal that I check the shelves at B&N every time I'm there, even though it only comes out 4x a year. It's the literary equivalent of riding my bike by the house of the boy I have a crush on even when he's at his dad's house for the summer.
And you know I love you too, right? Even if you don't love me back, I'm just going to love and love and not care if you even glance in my direction. I know you're out there, barely paying attention, thinking about someone else and wondering how to let me down gently.