Thursday, April 06, 2006

You are what you love, not what loves you back...
I've been listening to my new Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins CD (thanks, Michael!) nonstop for about a week now. "You Are What You Love" is my favorite (she's an amazing songwriter: "This is no great illusion/When I'm with you I'm looking for a ghost/Or invisible reasons/To fall out of love and run screaming from our home...").

Besides Rabbit Fur Coat, here's my What I Love That Doesn't Love Me Back list for today:
*Deborah Harry (I get to go see Blondie in June...thanks, MK!) won't give me the time of day.
* Laurie Notaro makes me laugh until I cry, but she doesn't even know I'm alive.
* My LPs don't snuggle with me on the couch, so I think they're destined for Accessory Land.
* Two words from my lips that can make any of my friends run from the room screaming: Seth McFarlane.
* Heavy strings, tuned low and played hard, always remind me that I never had a chance to meet Stevie Ray Vaughn (because if I had, he would have loved me...as soon as I was legal).
* I have so much literary love for this journal that I check the shelves at B&N every time I'm there, even though it only comes out 4x a year. It's the literary equivalent of riding my bike by the house of the boy I have a crush on even when he's at his dad's house for the summer.

And you know I love you too, right? Even if you don't love me back, I'm just going to love and love and not care if you even glance in my direction. I know you're out there, barely paying attention, thinking about someone else and wondering how to let me down gently.

6 comments:

  1. I got nothing for love for ya honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KLo, because I'm all in a sentimental place right now I'll tell you a few of the reasons I love you.

    I love you for being the person I knew I was going to latch on to in a new job I knew I was going to hate.

    I love that we could stand in piles of bird shit and still have the funniest and brightest conversations of my day.

    I love that even when I pissed you off so royally you eyeballs would nearly pop out of your head you could still make me laugh.

    I love that even if I didn't want to do something you could make me because I thought it might make you laugh.

    You had me at bitch, bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I love Charlie's sentimental side.

    Here's why I love you: Because if I didn't, I'd hate myself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for melting my cold, cold heart into a little puddle on the floor. Charlie, I knew from the day I helped you pick out a leisure suit at Granny's Goodies that you were the person I would most want to cut fourth period with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis! Also, I would never let you down gently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You Are What You Love".
    I heard that song last week for the first time on an episode of "Ghost Whisperer" called "The Vanishing".
    I had to get it. Thanks for providing me with the name of the song and the artist.

    Peace,

    Captain Kundalini

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...