* Joined a gym and have been going three times a week (in addition to weekly yoga).
* Bought new sneaks and workout clothes to go with gym membership.
* Got hair cut and colored (dark brown with cherry red underneath) as a reward for hitting the gym.
* Book proposal #2 coming together very nicely.
* Napping on rainy weekends is awesome.
* Cuddled up on the couch to watch Apocalypse Now Redux for the first time on Friday and it was stunning. And three hours long. For someone with my attention span, that's a high compliment. I already knew Coppola was a genius (I've memorized most of The Godfather I and II), but DAMN.
* My a/c at home seems to be slowly tanking. Have to run it nonstop just to keep temp inside below 78 degrees (and I like it to be closer to 70 indoors).
* I had a flat tire this morning.
* The fix-a-flat I attempted to use to inflate said flat exploded all over me. I cleaned up as best as I could before driving car to Gerald's, but it soaked through my shirt and also got into my hair, so I reek of fix-a-flat (which smells a LOT like gasoline).
* My essay for the August issue is a piece of shit. I have to fix it immediately, but I am high on fix-a-flat fumes and consumed with scamming a ride back to Gerald's later today. And also worried about whether or not HVAC people will call me back. If they don't, I'm coming to live with you.
* Am I a bad feminist for not wanting to deal with all of this bullshit all by myself?
Monday, July 09, 2007
You take the good, you take the bad...