Friday, October 26, 2007

Some backtalk from the mute sky...*

I'd like to call this "View From my Office Window on a Rainy Day," but instead I'll share stream of consciousness because I forgot my socks (how one does that...) but my feet are always cold anyway, it might be my shoes or that we were listening to "Stairway to Heaven" that makes me feel like I'm in the 7th grade, my outfit matches the sky but not my mood, my hair is still damp and smells like someone else's shampoo, I'm nostalgic for the days when it didn't matter on what pillow I laid my head because I always wanted things to be different, different, different and now I just want them same, same, same.

*From "Black Rook in Rainy Weather," Sylvia Plath.

3 comments:

  1. I just realised your book is on pre-order now...is there any way of getting an advance copy to review for The F Word?

    http://www.thefword.org.uk/reviews/2007/09/ladies_rock

    Hope you're well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i put my box in a box... for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lau, I'd be happy to get one to you. Email me at kelly.love@skirt.com with your mailing address!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...