Sunday, February 03, 2008

All it takes to shake off a stressful week...

Is a bag of stale bread, a three-year-old, a sunny day, and a duck pond.

connorducks2

My mom, Connor and I spent the afternoon feeding the ducks at Hampton Park. (a) I've always been a little afraid of large birds (mostly geese after being chased by a pack of them a Page's Thieves Market some years ago), (b) the ducks at Hampton Park are quite aggressive, (c) the seagulls are worse, and (d) Connor freaked out when a big white duck snatched some bread from his hand. I laughed, I couldn't help it, but when one of the bigger ducks started chasing me and I ran away screaming, I think it made Connor feel better.

connorlunchjestines1

We went to Jestine's for lunch afterwards and our very smart waitress brought us some paper and crayons along with the homemade pickles. The food, as always, was yummy. Connor ate a whole hot dog (and their hot dogs are huge).

Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just had a massive flashback to fishing my son, age four, out of that duck pond. Soaking wet and slimed with duck pond slime.

    Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did our very best to keep the little man out of the pond. It wasn't easy! He couldn't understand why he wasn't allowed to go where the ducks go - under the bridge. I'd like to say I would have jumped in after him, but....ick. You're a good mom! I think I might be a bad aunt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...