Wednesday, March 02, 2011

I gave my blog a present...

For it's 7th birthday, I gave Microfamous a gift: It's own Tumblr account. Microfamously microblogging at its best, you can see it here.

There have been times in the past few years when I thought about letting my blog go dark. I lost my voice for a little while. I didn't want to say the wrong thing. I didn't want to say what was wrong. I didn't want to be wrong.

I remember how much fun it used to be, 2004, 2005...2006 was a hoot, and how much a part of me this little site I made just for myself was. It was my insomniac friend, my "go ahead and say it anyway," my little piece of the Internet where I could share snark and silliness.

I'm keeping it. Even if and when blogs aren't cool anymore, I'm going to be like that 60 year old lady hanging on to her Curtis Mathes floor model TV for dear life because THAT'S HOW SHE LIKES TO WATCH "MURDER SHE WROTE." I like that it keeps a history of 7-plus years of my life, reminds me of where I was when, back in the days when I still had to explain to people what a "blog" was, and that it's mine. It was my gift to me and I'm going to continue to use it for rambling and longer blog posts and pictures and musings. The Tumblr site is for the days when I don't have many words left, when my words have left me. This blog is going to be my three-day weekend; Tumblr is lunch at my desk. Also? There's an app for it on my iPhone.

Waiting for a friend at a restaurant for dinner? Tumblr post.

A weekend stretching ahead with nothing on my to-do list? Blogger.

So I'll still be here but I'll be there too. I'm all over the place and there's nothing you can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...