Since Katie Couric put out a call to viewers to offer suggestions for a new signoff catch phrase, I think it's time to update my own. My email signoff, that is, considering that I'm not hosting the evening news. I most often sign off with "all best," or "best," in emails. If it's a good friend, then I use "rock on" or (even better) "later, gator." How creative of me! I need a new schtick.
Some new ideas for signing off (keep in mind that they have to be fairly professional because most of my emails are work-related):
* "Blessings," or alternately, "blessed be" (this is to get back at all of the "namastes" I receive).
* "AAAs and BBBs" (because I don't know you well enough for XXXs and OOOs).
* "Stay special!!!" (I mined my high school yearbook for that one; the triple-exclamation is integral).
* "BUH-bye" (too 1990s-era SNL?).
* "Try again later" (inspired by the Magic 8-Ball I use to make work-related decisions).
* "See you in Hell" (this one just feels right).
What do you think?